Moosalamoo Association hosts several events each year to showcase the beauty and recreational resources of the Moosalamoo National Recreation Area.
We can’t host these events without you! Either as a participant or volunteer who, in addition to having a lot of fun, help organize and run them. If you’d like to volunteer at an event or have an event idea, please contact us.
- What: Silver Lake Bird Walk
- Time: 8 a.m.
- Location: Silver Lake Trail parking lot on Lake Dunmore Road, Route 53, Salisbury
- Cost: FREE
- Description: The Otter Creek Audubon Society and Moosalamoo Association invite you to celebrate National Public Lands Day with a bird walk to Silver Lake. Migrating songbirds especially confusing fall warblers will be the focus, as well as any water birds we might find on the lake.
- Registration: None necessary–just show up and be ready to hike up to Silver Lake
- What: Climb the Moose Uphill Trail Run & Mountain Bike
- Time: 8 a.m.
- Location: Start and parking at Branbury State Park, Lake Dunmore Road, Route 53, Salisbury
- Cost: $35-45 depending on age and when entered
- Description: This inaugural 3-mile uphill trail run, and mountain bike, to Silver Lake trailhead in Goshen, is an ideal introductory race for trail runners and mountain bikers on an old logging road. Start and awards ceremony at Branbury State Park on Lake Dunmore. Camping available.
- Registration: Go to RunReg to enter the race or register day-of.
Stay tuned for more upcoming events!